Our Next Meeting:
June 10, 2017
Presentation: Ron Tanner
Clothes Line Approach to Analysis
The regular monthly meetings of the Utah Valley Technology and Genealogy Group are held on the second Saturday of each month, except December, from 9 AM to noon. The meetings are free and open to the public. They are held at the Red Brick LDS Chapel, 4050 North 650 East (Timpview Drive), Provo, Utah, usually in the Cultural Hall. If you would like to receive email notification of classes planned for the next meeting, go to our blog page for instructions on how to subscribe.
The main presentation will be on FAMILY TREE FUTURES by Ron Tanner of FamilySearch. This will be a review of the most recent changes and proposed features planned for FamilySearch Family Tree. Come and participate in the directions that are taken and give feedback on what is proposed. Afterwards, Bro. Tanner will discuss how to fix problems in Family Tree and answer your tough questions. Ron Tanner is a Group Product Manager for the Family History Department of the LDS Church and leads a team with responsibilities for Family Tree, Search, Memories, Mobile, and other companion products. He has a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from BYU and has previously worked as a Product Manager and Software Engineer at Novell, Citrix, and Bell Laboratories. Ron and his wife CheRee live in Provo, have four children, 2 son-in-laws, a daughter-in-law, and four grandchildren (all boys). And one on the way!!
The following classes are scheduled after the main presentation this month.
1) Q&A about Clothes Line Approach (Ron Tanner — Cultural Hall)
2) Cemetery Records – Locating,Searching and Sourcing (Marilyn Thomsen — Relief Society Room)
3) Ask An Expert – Personal Help (Don Engstrom & John Blake — Computer Room)
4) Last month’s presentation video: Cloths Line Approach To Analysis by DearMYRTLE, nom de plume of Pat Richley-Erickson (Room 8 — South Hall)
5) Ancestral Quest (Gaylon Findlay, Room 18-19 — South Hall)